Documentary FilmmakingView all courses
- This course is open for 12 weeks
- 13 lesson series
- Certificate of completion
- 5 hours, 5 minutes of video
- Illustrated Companion Guides
- Downloadable Class Materials
- Industry-Leading Instructors
Learn the entire process of making a documentary from some of the industry’s most recognized documentarians.
Learn how to find the story and develop the story structure for your film, learn the right gear to choose and how to prepare for a life shooting in the field.
Gain advanced techniques on finding and interviewing your subjects, choosing the right locations, and knowing the right questions to ask. Learn to shoot effective B-roll in both controlled and uncontrollable situations, understand the ethics of documentary film production, and finally how to assemble your footage into a well-paced, engaging story in the editing room.